In order to download and install iOS 12, there are two ways to go about it. So, this is arguably one of the most significant updates to the unc0ver jailbreak tool to date for iOS 12.2 | iOS 12.2.1 | iOS 12.2.2, and Pwn20wnd made the official announcement via Twitter just minutes ago as of this writing: For iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, iPhone Xs, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus. The first method is simply updating from an over-the-air update, which we recommend all of you do if you want to keep all your data. If you want to start fresh, from a wiped device, you might want to try the second method which is install from an IPSW file via iTunes. The Good News Is There are no notable changes from the eleventh 3.0 pre-release to the official release, which denotes how unc0ver 3.0 jailbreak is now stable enough to be used by the masses. The timing couldn’t have been better given how the developer Saurik just recently thwarted a significant bug in iOS 12.2 Cydia Substrate.
iOS 12.2 Adds Features and fixes Bugs for your iPhone and iPad.
Features and improvements include: iOS 12.2
- Notification preview using haptic touch on iPhone XR
- Dual SIM with eSIM for additional carriers on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
- One tap to flip between the rear and front-facing camera during a iOS 12.2 FaceTime call
- Live Photo capture during one-to-one iOS 12.2 FaceTime calls
- The option to hide the sidebar in News on iPad in landscape orientation
- Real-time text (RTT) when using Wi-Fi calling on iPad and iPod touch
- Stability improvements for dictation and iOS 12.2 VoiceOver
unc0ver 3.0 jailbreak [iOS 12.2 | iOS 12.2.1 | iOS 12.2.2] Support Devices List
Cydia iOS 12.2 Update always supports for a wide range of Devices such as iPhones, iPads, and iPod touch devices. In fact, those Cydia Download for iOS 12.2 also compatible for numerous Apple devices freely. So, if you have an idea for jailbreak First then you can use Cydia install for the below Apple devices.
- iPhones: iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, iPhone Xs, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- iPad: 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) ,9.7-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch: iPod touch (6th generation)
Using Unc0ver Jailbreak Cydia For iOS 12.2/12.2.1 And 12.2.2 Direct Download
Either way you decide to get iOS 12 on your iPhone, as long as Apple continues to sign iOS 12.2, you’ll be able to downgrade from iOS 12.2 back to iOS 12.1.3 if you don’t end up liking the new update. install Cydia Substrate support (Requires an updated version of iOS 12.2 Cydia Substrate which will be released publicly for everyone by Jay Freeman (Saurik) himself at some point), OTA upgrades for the jailbreak patches from Cydia without rebooting, a new button to restart Apple SpringBoard from the jailed state, a switch to (re)install Apple OpenSSH, a switch to install Cydia, a switch to restart Apple backboardd only so that you can jailbreak with broken tweaks, update bootstrap, fix for the jailbreak iOS 12.2 error, battery life fixes, Apple ELOD (Electra Loop Of Death) mitigation, improve the speed of system reload,
Fixes for countless bugs and improvements which I can’t remember of right now (We have been working on this update for over a month, I lost the track), I will update the change log as I remember more later with iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, iPhone Xs, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8,iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7,iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus. Unc0ver is a semi-tethered iOS 12.2 jailbreak just like Electra, which means you must re-run the tool after every reboot. That aside, it bundles a newer iOS 12.2.1 optimized build of iOS 12.2 Cydia that sports the official seal of approval from Saurik himself.